If you are looking for cost-effective type of insulation that can be added at any stage of the construction process, even to finished walls, blown-in insulation may be the right choice. Made mostly from recycled materials, blown-in insulation offers a high R-value to keep your home protected.
At ARC Insulation, we don’t provide insulation services based on guesswork, we’re building science professionals with over 30 years of experience. This fundamental knowledge allows us to find solutions based on your home’s specific needs and maximize your results with blown-in insulation.
Blown-In Insulation Benefits
Blown-in insulation is usually made from cellulose, which is recycled newspaper that’s treated with boric acid to give it fire, mold, and pest resistant qualities. Blown-in insulation comes with many benefits, including:
- Easy installation – Blown-in insulation is literally blown into your home with minimal impact on your finished walls.
- Energy-saving thermal efficiency – With a much higher R-value than traditional batt insulation, blown-in insulation can keep your home comfortable and efficient. It also offers more coverage and can access hard to reach areas of your home.
- Noise canceling – Blown-in insulation effectively fills cavities, which gives it excellent sound dampening qualities.
- Long-lasting – Blown-in insulation can last up to 30 years, providing protection against the elements for decades.
- Fire, pest, and mold resistant – You can rest assured that your family is safe in the event of an emergency and from harmful pollutants that can affect your indoor air quality.
Where to Have Blown-In Insulation Installed
Blown-in insulation is a great option for many applications, especially for retrofit work. It can be used almost anywhere in your home, including attics, walls, and basements. The ARC Insulation team can help determine where your home needs to be insulated during a home energy assessment. This in-depth look into your home’s performance allows us to identify areas of air leakage and energy loss utilizing equipment like blower door testing and infrared thermal imaging.
The Importance of Air Sealing
While insulation upgrades can help make your home more comfortable and energy efficient, air leaks can undermine its effectiveness. In fact, ENERGY STAR reports that gaps and cracks throughout the average home can add up to the equivalent of leaving a window open all year long. This is why we recommend air sealing and weatherizing your home in tandem with improving its insulation. When installed together, these services enhance the benefits of each other and can optimize your home’s performance.
Professional Blown-In Insulation Services in Chicagoland
Our team at ARC Insulation only uses high-quality insulation materials to ensure that your insulation upgrades in Naperville and the surrounding Chicagoland area last for decades. Our primary goal is to help you minimize your energy bills and live in a more efficient home by adding the right insulation in the right places. Our team is highly trained and known for customer satisfaction that can ensure that you have quality blown-in insulation installed.