Basements are known for being damp, dark, and musty—but unfortunately, these symptoms aren’t isolated to the lower levels of your home. Issues in your basement can quickly create issues everywhere, like inconsistent heating and cooling or poor indoor air quality. Even if your basement is only used for storage or to house your HVAC equipment, that doesn’t mean it should go unprotected.
At ARC Insulation, we often find that homeowners overlook their basements when it comes to insulation, but the benefits can be enjoyed right away. As part of our extensive insulation services, we offer professional basement insulation throughout the greater Chicagoland area.
Benefits of Basement Insulation
Insulating your basement improves your entire home, providing several benefits such as:
- No more cold floors – You’ll immediately notice a difference in how comfortable the floors directly above your basement are to walk on.
- Energy savings – With basement insulation, your whole home will become more energy efficient and you’ll most likely see lower heating and cooling costs.
- More stable temperatures – Your home will be able to regulate and maintain comfortable temperatures more easily, taking stress off your HVAC system and protecting your stored items downstairs.
- Pest control – Basement insulation helps cut off the point of entry for common pests, like rodents and insects.
- Reduced moisture – Your home’s lower levels are vulnerable to moisture intrusion and mold growth, and insulation helps to keep your whole home protected from water damage.
- Improved indoor air quality – Basement insulation promotes a healthier living environment by reducing the amount of pollutants that can find their way inside, like lead and radon.
The Best Insulation For Basements
At ARC Insulation, we utilize building science to find long-lasting and reliable insulation solutions for your home. This is why we always recommend starting your basement insulation project with a home energy assessment to get valuable insight into your home’s current performance.
Depending on the results from this in-depth analysis, we will make recommendations on which type of insulation to use as well as where it should be applied. Generally, we’ll insulate the basement walls and floors as well as the ceiling to protect your floors upstairs. We also recommend combining air sealing with your insulation upgrades to maximize its benefits.
Signs You Need Basement Insulation Upgrades
Have you been experiencing any of the symptoms in your home? If so, give our team of insulation experts a call for solutions today.
- Recurring musty odors in the basement
- Persistent allergy symptoms in your home
- Water damage
- Unexpected increase in energy bills
- Household pests
Long-Lasting & Reliable Basement Insulation
At ARC Insulation, we’ll be happy to help you determine if basement insulation is a good step for your home. With over 30 years of experience, our team of insulation specialists has insulated over 30,000 homes, bringing more comfort and efficiency to families throughout Chicagoland. We stay up to date with the latest rebates and incentives in our area and can help you take advantage of savings. Ready to see how ARC Insulation can help you?
Schedule your energy assessment to get started today. Call 815-293-1250 or contact us online.