Did you know that the culprit in your home comfort struggles could be coming from poor attic insulation? When you think of your attic, you may think of it as a place to store your extra holiday decorations, or you may not even use it at all. Your attic, however, serves a vital function in the energy efficiency of your home, and poor insulation can be a leading cause of high utility bills and inconsistent temperatures.
As part of the comprehensive insulation services we offer here at ARC Insulation, we install several types of insulation in attics throughout Chicagoland, including closed-cell spray foam and loose-fill cellulose. Not only can attic insulation provide long-lasting and reliable solutions that keep you comfortable all year round, it can help lower your energy bills too.
Benefits of Attic Insulation
Insulating your attic comes with several benefits for your entire home, including:
- More Comfort – Attic insulation reduces the amount of heat flow in and out of your home which will in turn improve your comfort.
- Lower Energy Costs – Insulating your attic helps keep heated and cooled air in your home and outside temperatures out, where they belong.
- Better HVAC Performance – By adding a layer of protection from the elements, insulation helps take unnecessary stress off your furnace, air conditioner, or heat pump.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – Attic insulation helps prevent pollutants, moisture, and pests from entering your home.
- Ice Dam Prevention – As one of the most effective ways to prevent ice dams from forming on your roof, attic insulation protects the structural integrity of your house.
- Noise Reduction – As an added benefit, attic insulation can also help bring peace and quiet in your home.
The Best Insulation For Attics
At ARC Insulation, we always recommend starting any insulation upgrades with an energy assessment. This in-depth analysis of your home’s performance involves thermal imaging and blower door testing by our team of insulation experts to pinpoint areas of heat loss and unwanted airflow. This will help us determine how much insulation your attic needs, if we should remove your insulation before installation, and what materials will be the most effective.
Signs Your Attic Needs Insulation
If you’ve been experiencing any of these symptoms in your home, contact our team for an energy assessment to find a reliable solution.
- High energy bills
- Ice dams
- Stuffy or chilly upstairs
- Indoor drafts
- Mold growth
Professional Attic Insulation in Chicagoland
At ARC Insulation, we’ve insulated over 30,000 homes since we opened our doors in 1993, and our team is highly-trained and experienced with houses throughout Naperville and the surrounding areas. We can find long-lasting solutions to your comfort, efficiency, and indoor health issues while meeting your needs and budget. We even stay up to date with the rebates and incentives currently available to help you maximize your savings.
Get total home comfort and schedule your energy assessment today to get started. Call 815-293-1250 or contact us online.