Mold removal can be complicated, dangerous, and messy. If you currently have a mold problem in your home or business and are researching different mold removal options, read this article first. Below, we will review our professional list of the dos and don’ts of mold removal. Keep reading for some great mold removal tips and common mold removal mistakes to avoid.
Mold Removal Dos
- Identify and eliminate the cause of the mold (water leak, excess moisture, etc.).
- Dry the affected area.
- Keep small children and pets away from the affected area.
- Hire a professional to remove the mold.
- Reduce the moisture in the air with a dehumidifier.
Mold Removal Don’ts
- If you see or smell mold, don’t wait to get it removed. It can be extremely damaging to your property and health.
- Don’t try to clean it yourself.
- Don’t use bleach (this actually can make it worse).
- Don’t allow small children or pets to be in the area of the mold unsupervised.
- Don’t try to dry out the area with a fan, as this will only spread mold spores into the air and put you at a greater health risk.
If you are located in the Naperville area or surrounding suburbs and are in need of professional mold removal, check us out here at ARC Insulation. We have over 20 years of experience in providing a variety of services and solutions to improve the quality of life for our customers. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you with your mold removal.