Weatherization is any improvement done to increase the energy efficiency of your home. Examples of weatherization include improving air sealing, insulation, and moisture controls. Our technicians can create a weatherization plan to maintain a comfortable home temperature and save you money on energy bills.
There are the obvious and not-so-obvious signs that your home needs weatherization. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you experiencing uncomfortable temperatures throughout the house?
- Is your indoor air quality suffering because of excessive moisture?
- Is your HVAC system not able to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home?
- Do you feel drafts around your home’s doors and windows?
Then perform a check of these items in your home:
- Check your insulation. The R-value is too low to be effective if compacted or compressed. By removing the excess and replacing it with new insulation, you can help reduce costs on heating bills by as much as 15%.
- Check your windows and doors. If they’re drafty or letting in too much cold air from outside, this could indicate something wrong with your weatherization system overall. Can you see the light coming in under the doors of your home? Then it would help if you took steps to improve weatherization in this area.
- Check your roof for leaks. A leaky roof can cause heat loss. It’s not just potentially letting the rain in; it is letting in cold or hot air, too.
Weatherizing your home will save you money and make your home comfortable year-round. Give us a call today to get your weatherization improvement plan started.