Mold is a fungus that grows in places that are moist and dark. It is a problem for many homes, and can grow on wood, carpet, and other surfaces in your home. Dealing with mold as soon as you see it is vital because, if left untreated, it can cause health problems, such as allergies and asthma attacks.
Find a Mold Inspection Company You Can Trust
When you’re looking for a mold inspector, you want one who is qualified and experienced. At ARC Insulation, we know that suspecting you have mold or discovering it is upsetting. But getting a mold inspection is the first step to fixing the issue.
Preparing for the Mold Inspection
- Turn off air conditioning units and or your furnace for at least 2 hours before the mold inspection.
- Keep all doors and windows closed for 2 hours before testing begins. This gives us an accurate reading of the air inside your home.
- Turn off air purification machines for at least 24 hours.
- Do not use the shower or tub for at least 12 hours. This helps find plumbing leaks easier.
- Do not clean visible mold.
If Your House is Vacant
If a house is vacant, you do not have to make preparations. However, if the home is occupied, the inspector must be careful not to disturb or damage anything.
If you suspect mold or have discovered what looks to be mold in your home, call us today to discuss your situation.